Matcha is a finely milled vibrant green tea powder made from the highest quality Japanese tea leaves. Clearspring Organic Premium Matcha comes from Uji, a region high in the hills around Kyoto, renowned for producing the best Japanese teas. Only accessibly by foot, this remote area is unpolluted and rich in friendly bugs such as spiders, ladybirds, praying mantis and dragonflies to keep the pests under control (best to use organic matcha as non-organic matcha is grown using excessive amounts of agricultural fertilisers and pesticides). Shade grown for the final few months to allow the leaves to fill with chlorophyll, the finest young tea buds are picked, dried and ground in a granite mortar.
Different grades of Matcha
Growing conditions, time of harvest and processing techniques have a direct effect on the grade and final flavour of the Matcha:
Ceremonial grade Matcha uses the finest, smallest shade grown leaves from the very tip of the tea bush - giving it a very vibrant green colour and a slightly sweet, smooth flavour.
Premium grade Matcha is ideal for both drinking and home baking, can add unique flavour and incredible colour to food and drink recipes.
Basic grade Matcha is slightly bitter, less expensive and is generally only used for cooking.
Customers who bought this also bought
More Food & Drink Products
- Giant Bar - Mango
- Giant Bar - Cranberry
- Giant Bar - Cherry
- Giant Bar - Apricot
- Giant Bar - Apple
- Deliciously Ella Hazelnut Pecan & Maple Oat Bar
- Deliciously Ella Peanut Butter Oat Bar
- Lovemore Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Teapot Witches Brew
- True Natural Goodness Organic Goji Berries
- Vita Plantae Celtic Sea Salt
- Fuel Cakes High Protein Pancakes Salted Caramel
- Fuel Cakes Pancakes Chocolate Hazelnuts
- Booja Booja Salted Caramel Twin Pack
- Celtic Sea Salt Light Grey
- Nutra Tea Mullein & Thyme Herbal Tea
- Montezumäs Smooth Operator Milk Chocolate 37% Cocoa
- Sea Moss Sublime Pineapple
- Plamil So Free Espresso Dark Chocolate
- Nutra Tea Pine Needle & Rose Hip Tea
- Rude Health - The Peanut Bar
- Wexford Wild Vally Honey