Clearspring Organic Japanese Oolong Tea is grown in the luscious hills around Kyoto and Kyushu, areas known for their ideal climatic and soil conditions which produce some of the finest teas in Japan. Oolong is popularly known as Blue Tea (although it is not blue in colour) because it falls halfway between a black tea and a green tea. Whilst Oolong tea is partially oxidized, green tea is not oxidized at all and Black Tea is fully oxidized, which gives it its characteristic dark colour.
How is it made?
The uniqueness of Clearspring Oolong tea is the way in which it is processed. The leaves are partially fermented (for approximately 24 hours), to allow them to oxidize. They are then steamed to lock in the flavour for which Oolong is celebrated - a flowery and mildly smoky taste, with no bitterness. Whilst it is perfect for any time of the day, it is often enjoyed after mealtimes. It is worth noting that most common tea varieties come from the same plant - Camellia Sinensis. The difference between each tea variant lies in the way the tea is produced and processed.
Organically grown partially fermented green tea leaves
More Food & Drink Products
- Giant Bar- Raspberry
- Java Republic Ceylon Black Tea
- Ombar Coco M'lk Easter Egg
- Ombar Oat M’lk Creamy Chocolate Easter Egg
- Aqua Verde Coconut Water
- True Natural Goodness Organic Omega-3 Muesli
- Ture Natural Goodness Amaranth Seeds
- Oo Free Dairy Free Milk Chocolate Bar
- Nik's Organic Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Nik's Tulsi Chai Tea
- Frank & Oli Crispy Apple Cookie
- Dr Coy's Orange Crisp Bar
- Dr Coy's Vanilla Crisp Bar
- Clearspring Organic Date Syrup
- Janet's Just Delicious Roast Red Pepper & Rosemary Pasta Sauce
- Janet's Just Delicious Basil & Roast Garlic Pasta Sauce