LOVE YOUR LYMPH – clean your body naturally of toxins
What is the lymphatic system?
The lymphatic system is part of your body’s circulatory and immune systems. It works alongside the blood system to keep your body healthy. It moves lymph fluid towards the heart through a network of lymph vessels and lymph nodes. There are hundreds of lymph nodes in your body. You have clusters of them in your neck, head, armpits, stomach and groin. When you’re fighting an infection, you may feel the lymph nodes swell up in your neck, just below your jawbone.
People who know anything about the lymph usually know it as the body’s waste drainage system. The lymph has a huge challenge to clear manmade toxins that make it in to the tissues.
How can you keep your lymphatic system healthy?
One important aspect of supporting your lymphatic system is to avoid exposure to toxic chemicals like those found in some cleaning products, personal products like anti-perspirants, hair dyes, perfumes, cosmetics, air freshners and plastic bottles.
The fact is that much of what we place on our skin is absorbed in to our bloodstream.
Tips to reduce toxic load:
1. Think about the level of exposure you’re getting from products you are using in your daily life.
2. Look for the most natural products which you normally apply to your skin daily and don’t wash off such as face and body creams and oils.
3. Switch perfumes for aromatherapy roller balls containing pure essential oils.
4. Invest in a diffuser to infuse the air around you with beneficial essential oil blends.
5. Avoid blocking lymph nodes in your armpits by using natural deodorants which will maintain the skin’s natural detoxification process.
6. Replenish your thirst with Eco friendly, BPA free, stainless steel water bottles – say goodbye to plastic bottles!